Sunday, February 3, 2013

Keys

Grab your coat, put it on. Ok. Shoes? Check. Purse? Packed and on my arm. Where am I going? Let's Google the address really quick on my phone before I leave the house. Oh! Don't forget your keys hanging on the key rack! Got the address in case it's not in the GPS... let's make sure the door is locked...oh look! The new neighbor! Go say "hi"!

My new neighbor (ok, her grandmother) was having troubles with getting the door unlocked, so I ran over to help her. And shut the door in the process. Without putting my keys in my pocket first. DUH.

In the end, I couldn't help the grandmother because the lock seems to be broken. I couldn't help but think as I was playing with the key in the lock how lucky my new neighbor was to have someone so close to give her spare keys to. You could just call up and say, "Hey! Locked myself out! Can you come over?" and five minutes later, boom. You're in.

It wasn't until I was walking away to my car that I noticed I'd left my keys in my apartment.

Two steps after that, I remembered the plan I had put in place.

When the break up happened, I got my spare sets to both my car and my apartment from the bass player. I really had no idea what to do with either, so I put the spares to my house in the car and the spare to my car in my house. I figured as long as I had a valet key on me, I'd be fine.

Yesterday, I proved myself right. Not gonna lie, there was a certain satisfaction in knowing that I could get myself out of the situation faster than I could have phoned a friend, hoped that they were available, and waited for their arrival.

I'll be just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment