I am a "signs" girl. Always have been. Chalk it up to my good ol' Italian roots or my faith that the universe is very inter-connected, either way I acknowledge what others might deem coincedental as divine guidance.
This year started out pretty rough. I had an ear infection that blew out my eardrum and made me half deaf for a very long time. Then I got some other crazy infection that blew up my system and colonized in my leg, requiring emergency surgery and a bit of a weird type of recovery. Both of these things I associated with a major portion of my life not being right. Low and behold, I fixed those issues, and things have gotten progressively better. Signs.
It seems I have gotten to the sweet part of my year. I've made some great choices and eliminated some toxins from my life, and little things have pointed me in the right direction. Hearing a line up of songs on a jukebox as I walked into a bar to set up my equipment, for instance. Having someone in my life whom I can feel, miles away-who can feel me, and always sends a text at the right moment. Signs.
When you're a "signs" person, the random and un-explained can be especially baffeling. For if everything in your world relates to you in some way, surely you cannot be a spectator in someone else's "sign", right?
I choose to believe I'm blessed because a tractor trailer that backed up into my car tonight didn't run over it. I choose to believe I'm blessed because the worst damage came from their bumper hooking the front of my car and ripping it to shreds. I choose to believe that I am blessed because this accident happened at night, since it pushed my car into a busy intersection that would have put my son in the direct line of traffic should it have been at a time where many people were travelling. I choose to believe I'm blessed because I encountered a police officer who understood that I was stressed and panicked at the thought of something horrific happening to my child, who was in the back seat.
I chose to ignore the voice inside my head that told me to use the other entrance tonight. The whole thing could have been avoided.
Instead, I'll believe that this had to have happened. That somehow, the universe wanted to show me something, or needed to show the truck driver something. Because I cannot fathom how something like this, that had such a deep psychological impact on me and my son, could be a fluke. I refuse.
So tonight, I count my blessings. I'm thankful for the tires not going over my hood. I'm thankful for a bumper that, while entangled, pushed my car backwards. I'm thankful that I spent tonight in great company with people who I've just recently gotten to know, who are enriching my life in ways I never knew possible. I'm thankful for the phone conversations after the incident; one with my father-my rock. And one with someone who's been a recent addition-who has blessed my life in so many ways. I am thankful that my son is fine. I am thankful for old and new friends who reached out after reading a facebook status. I am thankful that my car is out of commission durring a week that I don't have my son, and will be out of town for the majority of. I'm thankful, so thankful, for the way my life is going right now and the direction it is headed, the people who are in it and the ones with whom I'll be meeting soon, the relationships both old and new. I. Am. Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment