There's a place I stash funds in my car on a regular basis; my "Just In Case" money. I got an idea a month or so ago to change in some of the lesser bills into a larger one and leave a 100 in my spot, since not much can go wrong immediately, without bank access, that a $100 won't cure!
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I got really sad because my JIC money went missing.I opened up my stash to put something in there, and it was empty (save for my wedding band. Who knows why I keep that around!). I wrecked my brain trying to figure this out: it wasn't like someone broke into my car and took it, because I meticulously lock my vehicle. Even if they did, this hiding place is *that* good...and I'm quite sure they would have taken my diamond encrusted ring out as well... nonetheless, it was just gone.
So I started up my fund from 0 again.
Today, I noticed one of my smaller bills had gotten wedged into the actual hole in my car that cases my stash place. I started banging on the area around to loosen things up, and what do you know? The missing large bill falls out :D
Obviously, I'm no longer going to keep this stuff in my car, since I've now marked myself as a target and don't feel like having to constantly replace my windows. Consider it a lesson learned. However, I am very pleased right now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment