My life with ADD.
First, we start the day with a to-do list. Here! This is mine for today:
· Clean room
· Do laundry
· Vacuum Room
· Steam clean carpet
· Call Boss
· Plug in corrupted file hard drive. Figure out if really corrupted or user knowledge issue.
· Make master hard drive the actual master hard drive. Prepare for DJ.
· Find cords for all computer work.
· Maybe move my bed to clean under it.
· Locate missing sports bra. STAT.
Simple enough, right?
Then we re-prioritize. I’m going to take the sheets off the bed and start them in the laundry. Then I’m going to look under my bed for the sports bra. While I’m doing this, I can chit chat with the boss man. Also, pick up my room simultaneously. When done, I can plug in two hard drives and start transferring files. By then, I’ll have to change the laundry and start a load of whites. While those are being done, I can steam clean my bedroom. Change laundry again, put whites in dryer, start darks, then fold sheets and put away. Plug in corrupted (?) hard drive while towels are drying and figure that out. Check over the master hard drive and make sure files transferred properly. Fold and put away whites. Take shower, get self and child ready and meet boyfriend for night of awesome at the Jazz Fest J
See? That’s not that hard.
So, now we’re going to add our ADD to the mix. And this is how my day is going:
Get hard drives out. Put on counter. Have computers set up. Go to find cables. Search night stand, find divorce papers. Read them again, because you blogged about your divorce this morning. Feel sad. Feel better, because it’s over, and you feel like you've given the subject enough weight for now. Congratulate yourself on moving on with life and dealing with this issue. Put papers away, but in a different drawer because that makes more sense. Except now you just found an issue of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition in your nightstand and you don’t remember putting it there. Did you? Why? Oh look, it’s with the Victoria’s Secret catalogue from eight months ago. Why are there so many naked chicks in my nightstand?! I wish my boobs looked like those. Oh wait! Sports Bra! Let’s look under the bed. Holy shit, the dog has a veritable smorgasbord of my clothing under there! Explains the lighter laundry load. Oh, crap! Laundry! Ok, well I need the tongs from the kitchen so I can pull the clothes out from under the bed, then I can at least start the washer running. Retrieve tongs. Put on counter next to hard drives (CABLES!). Go into laundry room, put in detergents, press start. While waiting for tub to fill, grab tongs and go into bed room to retrieve under bed items. OMG! MY DOG ATE SIX PAIRS OF UNDERWEAR!!!! Dog is watching me, cowering. I’m not mad. Upset, but concerned. Can’t be good for dog. Oh, he’s so cute!!! I need to get my phone and take a video. Grab phone, take video of me talking to the dog about the perils of panty-eating. Dog is embarrassed (look at his face!). Try to upload video to email. Can’t do. Need to take out memory card, but it’s a micro and I need to find the adapter. (CABLES!) Start back to the nightstand. Find USB to mini adapter, and feel happy. Locate hard drive cables. Put on bed. Think to self, what am I forgetting? Grab cables and adapter, head to living space. (LAUNDRY!) set cables on counter, run to washer, which has already started it’s washing cycle. Decide “It’s ok!” to throw my clothes in now, anyhow. Do that. Do happy dance! Feel sense of accomplishment, since usually I run at least one empty load every time I do laundry, and I have averted this normality for now. Create and sing Pride Song to commemorate this occasion. Go to counter, pull up a chair. Hook up cables to hard drives, plug in power. Realize that you have totally forgotten which hard drive is which, except for the master because it is empty. Also, the master is the only one that looks different as it is a completely different brand. Stare at the two identical hard drives, hoping to feel a pull of energy towards the one that’s in perfect working condition. Blank. Hit head on counter to punish stupidity.
Yeah. So now I have an hour to do all of that, two more loads of laundry, clean my room which is now more of a mess because I was pulling crap out of my nightstand and from under my bed, vacuum and steam clean.
I can totally *do* this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow, I’m just going to circumvent this whole experience and take my Ritalin when I wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment