What happens when a sticky situation becomes your reality?
What if it took a severe reputation beating for you to have what makes you
happy?
I suppose that many people tell astronauts that they are
crazy for pursuing a dangerous dream just to float among the stars…
It’s kinda like that. Ok, maybe not as extreme… but there
are two events in my life that are inevitably hitting the spotlight that will
challenge peoples ideas and feelings about me… and the only thing I’m
struggling with regarding both events for is that reason alone. People are
going to leave Team Cyd.
I’m still choosing to go forth with both instances. I
believe they are right choices, divinely guided and born of hard work and
dedication. I’m being given a gift. I’ve walked through my hell and this is me
coming out on the other side-I truly feel right about both of these choices…
Even if they’re not the “popular opinion”.
A good friend got me thinking about this last night. They,
of course, have decided to not care what people will think. I feel like I can
trust this person’s opinion since they have walked a very severe plank to be
able to stand by my side. It’s inspiring to look at their path and what
obstacles they’re facing and know that they feel the same way as I do: it’s for
the best reasons. They have it significantly harder than because this situation
has altered every facet of their life. And they still want it. I’m blessed and
grateful; humble enough to know that all I have to do is accept that I cannot
please everyone all of the time. I need to stop living for the popular opinion
and enjoy the moment!!!
It makes me think.... Whatever your truth is, sometimes living
in it and owning it doesn’t make you the most popular person. Living your truth
and owning it fully far outweighs the consequences, though. The people who are
about to fall by the wayside obviously aren’t my friends anyways. The ones who
support me (even if they don’t agree with my decision)-those are the ones I
want around me for life.
So, big things happening in the next couple of months, I
feel. This astronaut is already on cloud nine….
You know what this means? You are getting old!!!!!! :0) "To hell with it! You only live once," said some old person at least once.
ReplyDelete