There is something to be said for knowing when to stop...
I'm grateful for the time I've had at a certain account of mine. I'm thankful that they stuck with me after I split from my former company; that the bar owner had enough faith in my business decisions to retain my services.
However, I can look at something and know when my time is up. Not only that, but I am lucky enough to have a protege who is ready and so very capable of achieving greatness as my successor!
Tonight will be my last time DJ'ing at a certain location. I'll do half of the show-more for my assurance than anyone else, I'm sure-and then hand it over to the very capable and incredibly talented DJ Hipsie!
I feel like she will grow the business more than I could at this juncture. The goals I set out to achieve were quite lofty, and I can acknowledge that I didn't hit them. I feel that she has the potential to exceed my goals, however. With her passion and drive, she has the great chance to excel. I'm very, very excited for this new direction!
So, we grow! We learn, we trust, we listen to feedback and we reply the best way we know how. Tomorrow, I will formally address this issue. But tonight, I had to get this out. Tomorrow, we focus on preparing DJ Hipsie for greatness... for making sure she's ready for the next level! I'm so proud very proud of everything she's achieved-and so very excited to see what she can do!!!!
Did I ever tell you how proud of you I am?
ReplyDeleteXOXO