I get it.
I get how you can look at someone and see their flaws and all, and still love them with your whole self.
I get how someone can come into your life and make you want to be a better person, a better parent, a better partner. How you could want to build a life with them. How it feels to have someone with you who can weather the storm, support you and encourage you.
I get how you can look at two children with no common genetics and years separating them and see the first gentle strands of the ties that will bind them. Watching them play together, even hearing them argue.
I can see how in some cases, there's no denying your feelings-even if they're strong and foreign and scary to you. I understand now what it feels like to want to strengthen and nurture these bonds, individually and as a whole. To be acutely aware of what you're putting in (and taking out) of your relationship. Effortless? Not always. But it's the best work...
Maybe it's not, maybe it will be. Without trying to project or look out into the future...I can say I'm happy and blessed and grateful. What it is right now is great and I'm thoroughly confused by how something so wonderful could be happening to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment