Thursday, May 16, 2013

Things That Made Today GREAT!

So, about a week and a half ago, I lost my keys. Literally, all of my keys. I had to have the vehicle re-keyed because we couldn't locate a spare. I started using my son's house key so I could get into the apartment. The only keys I hadn't replaced were the laundry room and storage room key for my apartment and my mailbox key.

Today, I finally caught up with the maintenance man (his attendance is kind of spotty) and got my laundry room and storage room key replaced! Winning! This alone made today great!

What made it better (besides all three washers being available-SCORE!) is that once I got into the laundry room, hanging on the community cork board was... MY KEYS!!! The original set!!!! WITH MY MAILBOX KEY!!!

Which I kinda (not gonna lie) didn't want. Because...well, bills suck. Even if I can pay them. They make my money pile smaller, and I like bigger money piles.

With a mental drum roll, I unlocked the magic bill box to find... junk mail, junk mail, card, junk mail, card. Boy scout food drive bag.

No bills?! After a solid 9 days (that's eight mail days)... no bills!!!

One greeting card was a congratulations card from my insurance agent. That was kind of neat! I hadn't gotten a "Yay you own a business!" Card yet! That goes in the scrap book...

And the other card was a mother's day card from my son. He sent it from my sister's house the last time they watched him. I literally teared up. It meant so much to me.

Here I sit, doing laundry and hanging out with the dog, waiting for the kiddo to come home and planning a camping trip for my birthday. Life is so sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment